What's new and....NWAFW2013

Last Friday I did new photos of my freshly created clothes - few dresses which made in Spring Mood (although outside is not spring at all)). Maybe I am just trying to make the beauty of the spring closer (or hope to)....Yet dresses are green...anyway, you will see.

Another news - I did get an email about the new casting for Project RUNWAY season 12. Apply!?

About my classes I cannot say anything exited- spring break is over, and now I am waiting when is going to be summer and I will be able to create more and more)

Lastly, I would like to share with you my opinion about Northwest Arkansas Fashion Week 2013 which took place in Fayetteville.  Many of my clients and friends asked me if I am going to be there. Unfortunately, I decided do not participate in this event. Simple reason - the fee for the designers for the 5 minutes show was $1.500. Even with the early registration the cheapest entry was $500. Another reason was the majority of boutiques instead of designers (Little Rock Fashion Week looks more professional at this point) at the show program. I do not think that the clothing stores are supposed to be in full schedule, or at least not in fashion week. To me, fashion week for the designers and obtain to discover new talents. Here, honestly, I will question this fact.  Plus, the organization of the show from the beginning was not enough professional  (in my opinion). They contacted me to write blogs and I did. I was expecting to see some reaction (good or bad) but nothing in reply. So I have no idea what was happened with my text) Overall, I've seen only one designer (Anna Taylor) and her collection was simply few outfits (video was less than a minute). I hope at next year we will see more designers at the event and more liberal fees for them.


Comments

Popular Posts